Friday, January 5, 2018

Anger and Scythes

Illustrator Micah Caudle, seen on Pediatric Cannabis Support


I'm no stranger to anger and have perfected the art of the Tongue Scythe over a lifetime and particularly during the last 23 years.  During this time of Terrible America,* when dinosaurs run shit, as my friend Allison Ray Benavides noted today, my anger, exhausting itself, is inexhaustible.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced today that he would be rolling back the Obama Administration's "hands-off" marijuana federal guidelines. You can read about it anywhere on the internets, and the good jesus lord knows I've talked enough about cannabis medicine for the past five years that even the tiniest of your tiny little mother minds™ knows that it's a plant that not only improves lives but also saves lives. You also know that many of us have been working our asses off as activists to make this medicine accessible to everyone in this country, that we've been fighting ignorance and stupidity and greed and power and have made incredible progress. 

Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, a dripping moniker for a man who I could cut to pieces with my tongue.

Cue anger and the scythe.





We can all sit around and throw out the reasons why the AG has made this announcement today:

  1. Jeff Sessions is a racist who has a vested interest in the Profit Prison business. Generations of men -- primarily African-American -- are incarcerated in these prisons.
  2. Big Pharma wanting the whole damn pie, working their tentacles around literally every single aspect of the cannabis industry, including the government
  3. Jeff Sessions is a willfully ignorant fool who has never bothered to read anything of scientific value about cannabis, is unaware still that cannabis is not a gateway drug and has no interest in the lives of tens of thousands of people who are helped by it as medicine
  4. It's a great diversion from the other shit going down
  5. It's a great way to make the big liberal states squirm
but it's probably much simpler than any conspiracy theory. Jeff Sessions and the POSPOTUS and the majority of the Republican party are hell-bent on undoing everything that the Obama administration did just because they can. 

Where does it end? When does it stop?  I'm going to keep raising my voice in anger and frustration but also with honesty and truth and compassion. I'm raising my voice in anger against the lying, greedy motherfuckers who are running this country into the ground and against those who support them, even still.

You know who you are.

Shame on you.


#RESIST









* The name Terrible America is the poet Rebecca Loudon's genius




11 comments:

  1. "Jeff Sessions and the POSPOTUS and the majority of the Republican party are hell-bent on undoing everything that the Obama administration did just because they can"

    I think you're right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you and Lily are both right.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND...massive offshore drilling?
    Yeah. Let's destroy the oceans.
    I don't even know what to say except for this is all exactly how I thought it would go down and why I cried for weeks and weeks after the election.
    I have no words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One can only hope that they eventually do so many odious things that they piss off the majority of voters, who decide to throw the clowns out and get back to being a real country with real leadership.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn straight! RESIST! This game of whack-a-mole is so freaking exhausting, but as long as I have to stand here with this mallet in my hand, responding to every single BS action that comes from these old, white men who want to untie every shoe Obama tied up, I will. I have to believe that there is something going on behind them as I whack, whack, whack away that will help topple them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Denise Emanuel said.

    "I hope you light up that sparkle suit, fire up that jet pack that I suggest you wear, and explode through the ceiling of the room, raining just a bit of debris upon their illustrious heads. "(advice to me before giving a presentation about cannabis medicine to a room full of neurologists)

    And I still think Martin Luther King, Jr. is on to something with his words:

    "I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality."

    I believe in Love in Action, the title of a great book by Thich Nhat Hanh.

    Your new header photo speaks truth to power.

    We do what we can. There are jerks on the loose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen to what everyone here says. When will this nightmare end? I wish every voter would search their soul, those that have one. Amen to your inexhaustible anger.
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s a pissing match is what it is. The Old Boys Club. Just when we thought things were looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much of it is just the kkk in suits. The bottom line is he, pospotus, is a racist of the highest order. He must undo everything that Obama did because...he's black. Tearing down everything he did is tantamount to a lynching. Sessions? He's just a fucked up old man, with fucked up morals and a fucked up brain. Monsters on the loose.

    RESIST - RESIST !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...